Large Plates
Yep, I'll say it again: this was the best week of my life.
Last pday was Sister Kearns' birthday so we celebrated by playing sand volleyball again and then went to Disney Springs and exploring some of the Disney hotels nearby. We got some of the tastiest pizza I have ever had.
Later that same night, we had a really big miracle! We were going to have a lesson with some of our favorite people but they ended up not being home, so we decided to go visit a member of the ward. We knocked on her door and she said we were an answer to her prayers! Her daughter moved to Utah a while back and left her with the grandkids until she can save enough money to move the whole family out there. It's been really hard for this sister. We were able to share a spiritual thought that helped her a lot and then the next morning we filled a storehouse order for them and brought all of the food to their house!
Then we had District Council which was so great! I don't even know how to explain it but wow missionary work is taking off here in Orlando. DC is so motivating and I love my district so much. The Cluffs, a senior couple, gave such a good lesson about recognizing the spirit, and it was exactly what I needed. I'm so grateful for them. They are finishing their mission here soon and I'm so sad to see them go.
We had interviews on Wednesday with President! Sadly these will be our last interviews with President Ashcraft. He's one of the most incredible people I've ever known. We had a really good talk! I told him how much I love this ward and how I never want to leave. I'm really really hoping that I stay another transfer here, so if you could all keep that in your prayers it would be greatly appreciated!! I also talked to him about extending! It's not a sure thing yet, but basically instead of going home at the beginning of April I would be able to stay until the end of May! We'll see. It's something I'll have to discuss with President Schmiel when he gets here. So also pray that I can know what to do!!
That same night we had a really incredible lesson with our new friend Reyci, as well as Rocío and Victoria. Reyci came to us because another missionary found him on Facebook and he wanted to come to our English classes. But he's seriously so prepared for the gospel! He loves reading so he's super excited about the Book of Mormon. He also has such an open heart. Rocio and Victoria are still having a hard time knowing if the Book of Mormon is true, but they have so much faith and they love us a lot! Please pray for them so that they can better recognize the spirit.
Thursday was also great! We always do storehouse on Thursday which is really fun. Sometimes it can be really chaotic and draining but I really like working for some reason so I'm grateful that we get to "go to work" once a week.
That night, we were supposed to eat dinner at a member's house but they called us last minute and told us to meet them at a Mexican restaurant they wanted to go to. We got there and the vibes were simply immaculate. They were playing a bunch of my favorite Spanish music from back home (not reggatón, it was the holy stuff I promise), and the food was so good! This family works in real estate and she brought a friend from work and we talked about economics and finance for like half the time with I LOVED. The other missionaries didn't understand what on earth was going on because they don't understand finance in English, let alone in Spanish haha. I don't know how to describe it to make it sound as fun as it was, but I promise it was so fun. It was just such a unique combination of conversation and music and food and people and all of it was so good. We also met a lady while we were waiting for the bathroom and we hyped her up because she was on a first date! So many random little things but they're all so good.
We went on exchanges on Saturday! It was really fun. I was with Sister Mills, which was fun because I came in with her, and we were in the same hotel room the first night! We had a really good lesson with their friend Christian! He has such a strong testimony. It was fun to be in a different area but it definitely made me appreciate the area I'm in. I learned a lot and I'm hoping to remember everything I want to change so I can become a better missionary!
Okay you guys. Sunday. It was the best day of the week for sure. English class was actually fun for the first time in a while. We taught them how to pray in English and it warmed my heart up so much. We had a bunch of the people we're teaching there and they're all so awesome. One of our friends showed up late because he was working and when he got there he was all dressed up in mariachi clothes and he had his violin because apparently that's what he does for work haha. After class we went to Sacrament meeting and wow wow wow it was so awesome. Testimony meeting is my favorite thing ever. Our ward is so incredible. Our friends just ate it all up. I wish I could tell you about each of them but there is seriously so much going on in this area I can barely take it all in. But you guyssss. These people are all so ready. Miracles are happening everywhere and I can't even internalize all of them. It's like if you were playing catch with someone and doing a good job at catching the ball, and then out of nowhere they throw a second ball at you so you have to catch them both. Except in this case God is throwing the balls and it's actually not two balls. It's like Buddy the Elf in a snowball fight. The miracles are coming to us faster than we can receive them.
We had a linger longer after church which was so YUMMY and so awesome for a million other reasons. A bunch of our friends came to it and the ward welcomed them so well!! Also one of the boys in this ward who has become like a brother to me got his mission call!! He's going to Colombia!!! He's going to do so well and I feel like a proud big sister and ahhh my heart is so full.
After the linger longer we went with a couple member families and 3 of the people we're teaching all went to someone's house to talk about the gospel. The spirit was so strong!! It was actually our first lesson with all 3 of them but we felt really good about putting one of them on date, although we were utterly unsure about the other 2 because we had hardly ever talked to them before. But before we went to the lesson Hermano Martinez pulled me aside and told me I needed to be bold and invite them to be baptized as well. I was so nervous before the lesson but also so excited. I was really trying to be in tune with the spirit because that's something I've been working super hard on lately, and also extending a baptismal invite is not just a casual conversation most of the time. It's been a while since we've had anyone who has been ready so it was so refreshing to have people who are ready! But anyway I definitely felt the spirit and it only got stronger as the lesson went on. We extended a baptismal invitation at the end of the conversation and they all said yes! It wasn't even a "maybe" or a "sure" or anything like that. Each of them said "yes." It was so powerful and the spirit was so strong and I'm so very excited for each of them! Keep Alba, Alejandra, and Jesús in your prayers as they prepare to be baptized.
Small Plates
God is good.
I don't even know how to explain to you just how happy I am. The spirit is so strong. My heart is so full. Life is so good. God is so good. I literally could not think of anything more powerful to share than all of the experiences I had this week. I only wrote about 10% of what I wanted to, but I only have so much time and finger strength. This church is true. Jesus Christ is at the head of His church. God has a perfect plan for each of His children. Miracles happen in our day. I love missionary work, and I hope that my imperfect attempt at sharing my experience with you helps you feel the love that I feel for this Gospel and for Christ's Church.
![]() |
| Hermana Jackson |




No comments:
Post a Comment