![]() |
| We got on the roof of the temple |
Large Plates
New friends, an update on Germán, Carlos' baptism, eating dinner with a Seventy and transfers!
Hi everyone! This email might end up being a bit shorter because we have a lot going on today, but I'll try to include all of the good parts of this week!
We started teaching out maintenance man Raul!
We also started teaching a maintenance man from a different apartment complex named Moses!
Germán told us he has been praying in any free time he has because he wants so badly to understand the gospel and to know if it is true. Please, please pray for him and his family! We want them to recognize the spirit and feel ready to be baptized!
I had arepas with one of my new favorite members and she said she wants to move to Utah or Idaho and if she does she will help me have an arepa restaurant!
I had the most miraculous exchange with Sister Leishman!! We were just so guided by the spirit and we met lots of really golden people. We met this cute mom and daughter, Mayra and Sofia, and they let us right in and we shared the Book of Mormon with them. Little Sofia looked at me like I was a Disney princess and she was just so fascinated by the story I shared.
Carlos got baptized on Saturday!! He's someone who the Elders have been teaching, and he is awesome!! He is an environmental economics professor in Venezuela and he is just so smart. He is actually moving back to Venezuela in a couple of weeks but he has plans to stay super strong in the church and invite his family to come with him!! He kind of reminds me of my Bonka Don, he's just the Venezuelan version haha.
On Sunday we got invited over to some of my favorite members' (the Eckert's) house for dinner and we actually ate with a Seventy! He's Hermana Eckert's dad, Elder Hugo E. Martinez. He's really funny and he loves his grandkids a lot. It was super intimidating to share a spiritual thought at the end of the meal though haha.
We also met this old lady who let us into her house for a spiritual message and cranberry juice. She made us take 20 pound of sweet potatoes when we left!
Last but not least, it's transfer week! There was so much change, oh my goodness. They made 2 new zones, specifically for the language missionaries. And I get to be the language Sister Training Leader, with a new companion: Hermana Peterson! I'm really excited, I'll tell you all about it next week!
Small Plates
God's got me!
I don't have a lot of time to write a spiritual thought for this week but we talked to an Elder who is going home and he said something I really liked. It was along the lines of this:
"I don't really know what the future holds. But if I've learned anything from my mission, it's that God's got my back. So whatever happens, I know it's going to be good."
![]() |
| We found a diamond ring in our apartment |
![]() |
| We left a Book of Mormon on Raul's golf cart |



No comments:
Post a Comment