Monday, November 7, 2022

The Holy Ghost is the Teacher

My family came to visit and took me to breakfast.

 

Large Plates 

Busy, busy, but what's new? 


It was another very good, very busy week! We had lots more good lessons, and again I don't want to bore you with details, so here are some of the highlights:


Rosalba is still so awesome! She reminds me a lot of Lucero from my last ward. She just has a heart of gold and the spirit really has been working in her! We won't be able to meet with her this week because she has family in town, so we're praying super hard that she doesn't lose momentum!


We also had a few lessons with Graciela and Juseli!! Holy moly I love them. We were talking about the Plan of Salvation and Juseli explained to us that baptism is essential to get to the kingdom of God, etc. We asked if they've been thinking about baptism and they said yes! Then we asked them if they wanted to be baptized and they said yes! We set some goals and made plans to help them be baptized on November 19th. Everyone please pray that they can stay strong and keep progressing! And that their families' hearts will open so we can start teaching them too:)


We also met multiple women this week who just seem so prepared for the gospel. Our friend Dayana has a bunch of connections to the church. Her family members just moved from her country to Utah, and they are talking with the Elders there! I have really high hopes for her. Our friend Nyda was found by English missionaries and then referred to us. When we called her she said she'd been reading the Book of Mormon a little already!! We told her about what it is, and she was like, "of course Christ would visit the Americas too, because he cares about everyone" and we said AMEN! It's so refreshing when people just get it. 


Besides having awesome lessons and meeting awesome people, we had our apartment painted (by some members of my old ward, actually!), got an oil change that took a while, and had a doctor's visit that should have been 5 minutes but was multiple hours. It's okay though, we got to talk to people in the waiting rooms:)


We also went on an exchange this week! I spend the day with Sister Madsen, who just got to the mission. She reminds me a lot of my friend Ashley from Ridgeline! She's super smart & I can already tell she has so much potential. I taught her how to make arepas. That has become my signature exchange meal haha. Most people I've served around know how to make arepas, and they learned it from me!

Overall, it was a really good week and it went by so fast. I can't believe the transfer is halfway over already! I really hope I don't leave this area at the end of the transfer. It's a good place to be and I love Sister Peterson:))


Also! My parents and Addison and Alissa came to visit this morning before their cruise! Thanks for breakfast!


Small Plates

The Holy Ghost is the Teacher 


One of my favorite things to see and feel and experience is the Holy Ghost working in the hearts of the people I love. It's crazy.  We teach all of the same principles to everyone, without too much variation in how we explain it--not because we have to memorize the lessons, but because we teach all of the doctrine at a very simple level. You can tell when people have been prepared for the gospel because their hearts are so much more open to the spirit.


That's how it is with Graciela and Juseli. They know things about the gospel that we haven't told them. They just get it. I've seen that before in other people we teach. The Spirit teaches them, far more than we do. That's how it should always be. The Spirit is a way better teacher than I could ever be. Graciela and Juseli are being converted by the Spirit, not by us. 


That's how you know people are ready for the gospel. When the Spirit works in them. 


I'm so grateful for Graciela, Juseli, and the opportunity we have to help them learn. I'm so grateful for the Holy Ghost, Who testifies of my Heavenly Father and my Savior. If it weren't for the Holy Ghost, missionary work wouldn't be possible. If this church weren't true, missionary work wouldn't be possible. Us missionaries would have messed this all up a long time ago. We are just kids, you know. For me, that's evidence that this church is true. There's no way any of the things I've had the privilege to see and be a part of would be possible if it weren't true. 

Sister Madsen







No comments:

Post a Comment

My Homecoming Brunch Get together