Saturday, November 13, 2021

And that's a Wrap!- Week 3

Home MTC is officially over! I don't know how to describe how time works in the MTC. The days often seem so long, but these last three weeks have gone by in the blink of an eye. 


Large Plates
This week was pretty great! As usual, I love our Ayudar A Otros activities, where we get to know some members and share a message with them. I also had a bit of a crazy day this week, because our internet was out one morning, and the neighbors' too. I got to spend half a day at Grandma and Grandpa's house doing my MTC haha. Also the other day one of the Mexico MTC leaders called on me to give the closing prayer in front of several districts and the MTC presidency... It went well of course. It's just so crazy to think that I didn't even know how to pray in Spanish 3 weeks ago and now I can pray for just about anything I can think of. Progress! I don't have much else to add for this week. It's been fantastic and bittersweet, and I don't have a lot of time to write today because I have to pack haha. (and I get to go do a session in the temple!!!)
 
Small Plates
The story of Isabel, and the companionship of the Spirit. Isabel's dream, and the blessings of being a Utahn. My future friends from Orlando.

This week I met the sweetest little grandma named Isabel. She was one of the volunteers for our Ayudar A Otros activity. We got to know her for a few minutes at the beginning of our meeting, and she was so open and willing to share what she was feeling. We were able to share a message with her that directly addressed her concerns and touched her heart deeply, bringing her to tears. The message came from 2 Nephi 4, which has become one of my favorite parts of the Book of Mormon during my time in the MTC. It was so cool to see our companionship work with the spirit to share with her the message she needed to hear. We had prepared an entirely different message, but clearly, that was not the message meant for her. One of the things they teach the most is that your best companion will always be the Spirit. I couldn't agree more. 

She also loved talking to me because her biggest dream right now is to come to Utah. She's been here before, for General Conference, and she has some acquaintances in Bountiful and Manti. She said she's actively doing everything she can to get here. She has her visa and passport, and she's so close to fulfilling her dream. She wants to be able to see all of our temples, and live close to them. Sometimes I forget just how blessed I am to live where I do. I can see the Logan temple from my front yard. The Brigham City temple is just on the other side of the mountains by my house, less than an hour away, and Ogden isn't too far away either. And by the time I get back from my mission, the Smithfield temple might already be finished, just 20 minutes north of my house. What a time to be alive, and what a place to live.

Not only does she have a dream of coming to Utah, but she also has a dream that her nieces and nephews will be converted. Her brother fell away from the church, so the kids weren't raised with the gospel. And where do they live? Orlando. I wasn't able to get much information before our zoom call was over. But I have their names. I'll let you guys know if I find them, and I sure hope I do :)

Pictures: 
Our last classes with Hermana Jimenez, Hermana Rodriguez, Hermano Alcala and our Ayudar A Otros activity

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Homecoming Brunch Get together