Zone conference, graduation, and goodbyes
Pday last week was tons of fun! We went to Universal CityWalk and walked around and soaked up the sun. Add Universal to the list of reasons why the Florida Orlando Mission is the best mission in the world;)
We also had a zone conference this week! It was our last one with the Ashcrafts and I am honestly kind of heartbroken about it. I love them so much. I learned a lot of really good things about being bold and spirit-guided, especially when inviting people to be baptized. I'm hoping to see some changes in myself and in my teaching abilities going forward.
We started teaching a lot of cool people this week! One of them is Kaitlyn (although that's not how she spells it in Spanish). She is so sweet! We met her in our complex and she was outside watching her cute little girl Madi play on the playground. She has such an open heart and she is super interested in what we are teaching! We had a lesson with her again later in the week and met her cute son Ian and he is a HOOT. That boy can talk and it's so funny. This family has a lot of potential.
We also got to help our friends Rocío and Victoria this week! Victoria graduated from fifth grade so we helped her get ready for her graduation and then we went to it with them! We braided her hair super fancy and then met up with them later for the graduation. We had somewhere else to be for the last part of it, so we left early and then met them for ice cream after. It was such a fun day.
Speaking of Rocío and Victoria, they came to church again and it was such a miracle! They weren't planning on coming because they were having car troubles, but long story short they decided to stop by at the church to say hi, and then ended up staying for Sacrament meeting! And they said their favorite part of it was the Sacrament! Another part of the miracle is that when they were sitting down and waiting for it to start, some members sat behind them and they totally knew each other!! Rocío is going to an esthetics school right now, and the members actually own and manage the school! They were so nice to her and told her if she ever needed anything that she could reach out to them. It was a tender mercy. We have kind of felt like we've hit a roadblock with Rocío and Victoria, and we didn't know how to get past it. We've just been praying for them to be able to find a genuine member friend who can help them understand the magnitude of the importance of the restored gospel. And it happened! I'll keep you updated on how this week goes with their new member friends!
That miracle was one of many that we saw this Sunday. It was such a good day. And it ended at the Cajas house, which is always so awesome. I love Bishop Cajas and his dear wife and their kids so much. I would die for them. We were all enjoying each other's company when Elder Jensen and Elder Ebana came over. They came because they got a call from President Ashcraft yesterday, and Elder Jensen will be finishing the last 3 weeks of his mission in another area. I'm pretty sad about it. Elder Jensen and I have been in the same ward for the first 7 months of my mission, so it will be hard to see him go. Needless to say, I may have shed a tear or two at the Cajas house. It'll be good though. It was actually an answer to prayers. And it'll make other changes in the future less hard. I've officially been in the district longer than anyone else. I've seen the whole group turn around. No one that was here when I got here is still around.
Mission life is weird. It's so good and so fun and so full of change. Change can be hard but if I've learned anything out here in Florida, it's that change is good. God always has something better in store for His children.
Speaking of change, MY BROTHER IS MARRIED!! Avery and Haley got married on Saturday and I got to call for a bit to say hi and wish them well. I'm so happy and excited for both of them. I love you both!!
Small Plates
The pattern of learning
When Christ visited the American continent, the people were so eager to learn from Him. After he appeared to them they gathered together to hear him teach. His teachings to this people are contained in several chapters of the book of Third Nefi. One part of this era in the Book of Mormon that really caught my eye this time around were these three verses in chapter 17:
"1 Behold, now it came to pass that when Jesus had spoken these words he looked round about again on the multitude, and he said unto them: Behold, my time is at hand.
2 I perceive that ye are weak, that ye cannot understand all my words which I am commanded of the Father to speak unto you at this time.
3 Therefore, go ye unto your homes, and ponder upon the things which I have said, and ask of the Father, in my name, that ye may understand, and prepare your minds for the morrow, and I come unto you again"



No comments:
Post a Comment