Monday, August 22, 2022

Be still and know that He is God

Large Plates 

So so busy

It was another busy week!!

We started off the week with 2 zone conferences! The first one ended up being in President's house because the power went out at the church haha. It was so fun though! We all ate lunch in the dark, with nothing but the light from our phones to help us see our Publix sandwiches. After lunch, we headed over to President's house. We got to give a training with the Orlando South Zone Leaders and it went really well. Doing a training in the house was fun because it felt like we were teaching a family home evening. It was also so fun because Orlando South is my old zone, so I got to see all of my best friends. I miss them a lot. 

The Zone Conference for the Orlando West Zone went well too! I feel like our training was way better, because we had more time to prepare and to pray and think about what our zone needed to hear. Most of my Small Plates thoughts come from things I studied in preparation for that zone conference, or things I said during the training, or things that I studied after because I wanted to understand things better afterwards. 

After that, we had interviews with President! It was good to be able to have a one-on-one conversation with him and talk about what's going on in my life. President Schmiel is so awesome. 

From interviews we went straight to my old apartment to do exchanges with the Buenaventura Hermanas!! I got to go to my old area with my old companion for a day! It was a really great exchange. The night of the exchanges, we got to go to a ward activity and ward coordination and I saw so many of my favorite members from that ward!! It was really hard to leave that area without much of a goodbye because we got transfer news so late, so it was really good for me to be able to go back and see everyone! I surprised and confused a lot of people haha. 

We also got to have a lesson again with Ktheleim, someone we had been teaching back when I was in that area! It went really well. I love her a lot and hope she keeps progressing!

Hermana Jackson and Hermana Parley are doing such a great job in that area and there is no one else I would rather have as a replacement than Hermana Parley. She's super sweet and ready to work!

The rest of the week was mostly just finding new people to teach, which was a lot of fun! And our friend German and his family and Hernan and his family came to church! 


Small Plates 

Be still and know that He is God

This week I learned a little something about just how awesome our Heavenly Father is. 

Something our zone has been struggling a lot with is finding motivation even when we don't see immediate results for our efforts. I've felt the same way, in a sense. 

While we were giving our training, words were put in my mouth that I know I definitely needed to hear, and I hope the other people in the room needed to hear as well. It was something to this effect:

"At the end of the day, we just need to humble ourselves and recognize that our Loving Heavenly Father is too omnipotent and omniscient for us to get in his way."

Understanding just how wise, powerful, and LOVING our Heavenly Father is helps us have so much more faith, hope and trust in His plan. 

He wants us to be instruments in His hands. He wants us to try our best. But He also knows and understands how imperfect we are. And that's okay. 

I came across this scripture this week:

"Blessed art thou, Nephi, for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how thou hast with unwearyingness declared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou hast not feared them, and hast not sought thine own life, but hast sought my will, and to keep my commandments.

And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works; yea, even that all things shall be done unto thee according to thy word, for thou shalt not ask that which is contrary to my will.

Behold, thou art Nephi, and I am God."

That's all God asks of us. He asks that we declare His word with unwearyingness and have faith that He will do the rest. After all, I am only Sister Daugs, and He is God. 

He's in charge. He has control. And everything is going to work out exactly as it is supposed to. And He just loves us enough to let us participate in this great work! 

Life isn't always easy. It's not always fun. Sometimes we feel overwhelmed because almost everything is out of our control. But that's okay. 

All we have to do is, "cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed."

I can promise His arm will be revealed. If we trust in His plan, we will see His hand in everything. All we have to do is the best we can at the things that are within our control. And then stand still, and watch, and wait, for the miracles.














No comments:

Post a Comment

My Homecoming Brunch Get together