Hey everyone! Sorry I didn't write an email last week. It was such a busy week, and I got transferred!
I won't go into the details of all the business and craziness that happened last week, because I also need to write about this week haha. But it would be accurate to say that it was one of the busiest and most joyous and most exhausting weeks of my life. I'll send pictures and you'll have a good idea of what was going on.
As for this week it was also both joyous and exhausting! I don't know how to portray to you the chaos that it has been but here's a list of some highlights:
I went on my first blitz as an STL and Sister Theurer (from Ridgeline!) is so incredible!
I met so many people from so many places! So many states, England, Jamaica, and of course every Latin American country
Sister Rowell is an awesome companion and I'm already learning so much from her
I spoke in church again!
My new district is awesome!
Sister McMullin is in my district again!
MLC was so motivating and I got to see some of my favorite missionaries there!
I feel like I'm figuring out who the people we are teaching are and who the members of our ward are!
We did yard work at the temple and I got really sweaty and I stepped on the white concrete with my muddy chacos
I got to account directly to the mission President which is so awesome because I feel like I got to make a good personal connection with him!
Carried a large couch down 3 flights of stairs
I no longer have a couch
I went on my first exchange as an STL!
I had an impromptu lesson in a brunch cafe
I got fed so much pasta
I learned Jamaican slang
I learned some ASL
I ate a ton of brownies
President Schmiel spoke to me in Spanish which threw me for a loop
I could go on and on, but basically I was super busy but super happy:)
Large Plates
I'll go where you want me to go
Last week was stressful because of the anticipation of transfers. It's the first time we have had transfers since president Schmeil got to the mission. No one knew what to expect.
I've been in my first area for 9 months, which is a very long time. Everyone talks about how crazy it is, whether I'm there or not. Anyone who knows me knew it was time for me to leave. Not because I didn't want to be there anymore but because honestly my time was up. Someone else needed a turn in that area. I had kind of accepted that.
But the thing is, I had no idea where I was headed. I had heard about a hundred rumors or ideas that people had and I had zero clue which one was true.
Fortunately, we were blessed to be able to go to the temple on the Thursday before transfers! Some of my very favorite members, Boris and Yerika, went to get their endowments!
During the session, I learned a little bit about the law of consecration. The thought came to my mind: that's what you need to study in the Celestial Room. So, when the session was over and we entered the Celestial room, that's what I did (after hugging all of my favorite people ever). I opened up to D&C 42 and I immediately felt like it was speaking to me.
And then I got to this verse. And it hit me.
"And from this place ye shall go forth into the regions westward; and inasmuch as ye shall find them that will receive you ye shall build up my church in every region."
The first half of my mission has been in the Orlando South Stake. But at that moment, I knew God had plans for me in the Orlando West Stake, in the area of Horizon West.
It was really hard to leave the Buena Ventura area. I miss it every day. But I know without a doubt that I am exactly where I need to be. And I know without a doubt that my mission president is called of God and he is inspired by Him in every aspect of his work.
I'm really excited to see what Heavenly Father has in store for me in this area. I'm already feeling really good about it. It hasn't been an easy week by any means but I have never once felt like this isn't where I need to be.
I know I'm supposed to be in the west, and to build up the regions round about. Next week we are starting a Spanish group in a chapel 45 minutes away, and I know the Lord needs me to help build up Zion there. I know the Lord needs me to help build up Zion in my ward, and in my district and zone, and in each of the respective areas within this zone.
Time and time again Heavenly Father keeps showing me signs that I am exactly where I need to be. Miracles are everywhere and I am just so grateful that my Heavenly Father allows me to see the miracles, and in some cases, to be the miracle. Here's to the second half of my mission!!



























.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment